What people say about Ellen Finkelstein's training
- "I was asked to give a briefing and was provided a PowerPoint presentation designed by others. The slides were bland, filled with verbiage and all looked the same. Thanks to editing based on Ellen's webinar tips, I ended up with a winner! I previewed the briefing in-house, showing them both the original slides and the "new and improved" slides. To much applause, the new version won. My final briefing was a huge success - the committee I presented to made an immediate decision to adopt the proposal that was offered. Thank you Ellen!" -J Holden, Trainer/Facilitator
- "Enhancing both the appeal and the audience's conceptual take-away is not always achievable, but Ellen's contributions to the presentation's makeover accomplished both. Ellen clearly demonstrated her command of PowerPoint 2010, compelling creativity, and superior communications skill. Ellen's 1-on-1 coaching was a worthwhile and pleasurable experience, and I recommend her highly.". -- J. Spinella, Management Consultant
- "I found the seminar to be highly informative and useful and I love the hands-on approach that you took. I could not stop commenting on how simply amazing your slides were compared to the ones that we are accustomed to – the wordy, boring slides. Thank you so much also for sharing your tips and tricks and I cannot wait to get a chance to put these into practice." - Stacey-Lynn, Trinidad
- "I want to tell you that that was the best training session I've ever experienced. Thank you!"
- Sherri Mellinkoff
- "Ellen, I invested in the latest Webinar series and I actually used a couple of new things I learned in the first one. This is where accolades put the rubber to the road – my skills are helping to generate money for my firm by making professional and interesting presentations and I’m a big part of that – thanks to you! 'I have to particularly acknowledge Maril for awesome PowerPoint design under a tight deadline -- it was very professional and gave a good impression.' This was like music to my ears. Thank you, Ellen, for your website, books and all that you provide to help make us better."
- "Ellen comes well prepared with useful information to help you become a more persuasive and powerful communicator. She condenses an enormous amount of information into the workshop, leaving you with ample tools and valuable resources."- Mark Petrick
- "I appreciated your presentation so much last week! You took a subject you were passionate about and gave us mini-lessons to empower us. It's good to know of an intuitive, organized thinker who offers professional consultations." -Deb Jansen
“I have been a student of Ellen for about five years now, if not more. Each product I have bought from Ellen, whether a webinar or eBook, gave a continuous improvement in my presentation skills. During a recent consultation, Ellen took the best presentation I had ever made and showed me how to do a complete makeover on it. The result: AWESOME!”-Victor Hunt
"You might be able to read how to do something in PowerPoint, but having Ellen walk you through the techniques is much more effective. This course is time well spent." -Paul Cleland
"Ellen, I wanted to let you know that your consultation was very helpful. You showed me simple ways to make a presentation more professional and powerful without making me feel foolish. Your experience and knowledge enable you to pull ideas together quickly and put a new slant on getting to and sharing the important kernel of the story. I appreciate your time and help and would recommend you to everyone as your consultation was a great help."-Marcia Berkey
- "The consulting session was remarkably successful in demonstrating, in real time, the means to enhance the effectiveness of a presentation. The discussion identified specific slide elements that can easily be altered to create a focus on the essential concepts in a lecture. Highly recommended!"-Robert Ziegenfus, PhD
Presentation & PowerPoint Training & Consulting from Ellen Finkelstein, Inc.
Presentations drive business and education/training!
Is clear communication important to you? Get training and consulting that improves your presentation skills, transforms your presentations, and gives you the tools you need to successfully deliver powerful presentations and get the results you want—for yourself or your organization.
For example, a financial advisor increased his conversion rate on his sales presentations from 50% to 70%
Individual & Corporate Training
Or choose short training modules/workshops on the following topics:
- How to Prevent Death by PowerPoint
- Slide Design for Non-Designers
- Present Interactively: Your Audience Expects It!
- Animation and Video: Advanced Techniques
- Presenting to Teach & Inform: PowerPoint for Educators & Trainers
- Presenting to Persuade: Effective Sales Presentations
- PowerPoint for High-Impact, Low-Cost Training
- Audience-Centered Presentations
- Presenting Scientific and Numerical Data
Do you need to get approval?
Download our 1-page brochure and give it to your boss.
What's unique about this presentation training?
- You get customized training based on the types of presentations you give
- You make over your presentations, not just samples
- You learn to improve content, design, and delivery. Very few trainers cover the full range of necessary presentation skills
- You learn from an expert in the field, who has written books, trained many people, developed the powerful and easy-to-use Show 'n' TellSM method, and been a thought-leader for well over 10 years.
- Ellen is a PowerPoint MVP, which is a Microsoft award for top experts with a high level of knowledge who give back to the technical community. There are only 37 PowerPoint MVPs in the world, and 9 in the United States.
Consulting, Coaching and Training
Choose the type of service that best meets your needs or ask for a blend.
- Consulting focuses on a specific presentation or situation. If you have a presentation that you give often, such as a sales presentation, or a high-stakes presentation coming up, contract with us to make sure your presentation is high-quality and effective.Get feedback, rewriting, makeovers, and delivery pointers.
- Coaching involves intensive sessions (often all day or over several days) that include consulting but also guided practice (including videotaping) until you achieve a high level of performance
- Training provides systematic modules to make sure you know the principles of effective presenting and the features of PowerPoint necessary to get the desired results. Ideal for a larger team.
Clients have been from...
Microsoft, Disney, Citrix, University of Buffalo, University of Illinois, DirecTV, Trinidad Prime Minister's Office, Jefferson County Hospital, Brainshark, Pennsylvania State Education Association, LaFolleette Johnson De Haas Fesler & Ames, North Dakota State University's Transportation Learning Network, and numerous other organizations. Clients have been business executives, speakers, trainers, educators, managers, sole proprietors, and more.
What people say about Ellen Finkelstein
"As an independent Financial Advisor, my business depends upon presenting financial concepts quickly, clearly and with visual power. Ellen worked with me to create a presentation that is unified, beautiful and incorporates people, symbols, charts and numbers (and some humor) in a way that is strikingly effective and pleasing to watch. Using this presentation increased my conversion from an average of 50% to 70%! IF you want the best, work with Ellen." -Rick Miller, Financial Advisor
"Your PowerPoint coaching makes complex tasks much easier for me and I appreciate that." - Tony Dinkins, VP, Human Resources, Citrix Systems, Inc.
"I want to share how Ellen has helped me with my presentations. I was struggling at work putting convincing PowerPoint presentations together. So I started searching for a PowerPoint Coach and found Ellen. The results have been night and day! I hired Ellen to work with me one on one. The idea was for me to share with her my presentation ideas, and from that we worked together to put a theme and story together. My Manager has already complimented me several times on the quality of my PowerPoint decks. For those of you looking to enhance or learn PowerPoint quickly and at your pace, I highly recommend you consider working with Ellen." -Mel Velez, Director, Procure to Pay, Citrix Systems, Inc.
"I was in need of a professional, engaging presentation to play as a constant loop on televisions in our hospital. Once I saw Ellen’s work, I knew that was the best option for us. Her company designed the overall look of the PowerPoint in such a way that it is appealing, conveys information in a clear and concise manner and is easy for me to update and maintain. She is a very good teacher either in person or via email and telephone instruction. We are thrilled with our new professional looking PowerPoint presentation. Ellen knows all of the PowerPoint tools to create a powerful presentation. I can’t thank her enough for making us look so good!" -Ginnie Hughes, Comm'y Health Relations Mgr., Jefferson County Hospital
"When Ms Finkelstein made her presentation at our Faculty Development Seminar, she was head and shoulders above the other presenters. Even though the others had useful things to say and had PhDs, their presentation and depth of communication could not match hers. She was well prepared and lively and right on target with very useful advice." -Ann Dow, PhD
"Ellen's consultation was a huge help! Her answers to my questions about Powerpoint--questions for which I could not find answers in the help files--were very clear. And I appreciated the opportunity to go over an actual presentation with her. She had several very good and easily implemented suggestions. All in roughly half an hour! Thanks Ellen!" -Neil Dickie, MA & MBA
"Ellen's tips on how to give an effective sales presentation incorporating PowerPoint was very lucid and valuable for our women professionals'
monthly meeting. Ellen has clearly thought through the mechanics of selling and buying and offered practical advice which I know our
members will be incorporating in their presentations." - Helen Foster-Grimmett,
Founder and VP,
Enlightened Communications Int'l.
"Ellen Finkelstein used Power Point slides to enhance a presentation on the most effective use of PowerPoint slides in making academic presentations: as such, she 'walked the talk,' beautifully illustrating her practical suggestions. These included tips on how the speaker can retain maximum audience attention while using slides and how the slides can increase retention of the material presented. She's a lively, confident speaker who freely shared her substantial experience." -Samuel Boothby, PhD
"Recently, when we were putting together a presentation on our homes for sale, we ... called Ellen Finkelstein and asked for her help. She zeroed in on exactly what knowledge we needed to easily create a professional-looking presentation. She knew the best way to add a voice-over, helped us download the program, and offered great tips that made the whole process easy for us. Miraculously, she did all this in a short, one-hour consultation. Consulting with Ellen made all the difference for us." -Nancy Walker, Co-Owner, Vastu Design & Construction, Inc.
Excerpts from "Using PowerPoint for Best Educational Outcomes" given to university faculty during Faculty Development sessions at M.U.M. in Fairfield, IA -- reduced from about 30 minutes to 7 minutes.
A webinar I gave for PresentationXpert. This is the full 1-hour webinar.
Ellen Finkelstein, Inc.
2010 Coral Lane
Fairfield, IA 52556
“Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.